LEVEL 4 GRAMMAR, FEBRUARY 01, 2018

This course is a continuation of a course that began in October 2017. If you want to see last year´s course, it is here....(If you are having trouble opening the file, click on "Open with" and then click on "Google Docs".)

In this class, we concentrated on the Present tense, and especially on the third person - She, he or it.

I travel
she travels

I eat
he eats

I sit
it sits

For the third person, we need "s" or "es"
For verbs ending in "consonant - y" we change to "ies"



I study
He studies

For verbs ending in "ch" or "tch" we add "es"
I teach
He teaches

I watch
She watches

In the negative, we use don't/doesn't
I don't work
he doesn't work



In questions we use "do" or "does"
Do you live in Ireland?
Does your brother live in Ireland?

More practice with questions here.

Note: There is NO "s" in the question

Do                      +                     I/you/we/they               +          verb (go, do, eat, write etc...)

Does                   +                    he/she/it                         +          verb (go, do, eat, write....)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LEVEL 4 GRAMMAR, APRIL 27, 2017

LEVEL 5 GRAMMAR, FEBRUARY 13, 2018

LEVEL 4 GRAMMAR, 22-02-18