LEVEL 4 GRAMMAR, NOVEMBER 16TH, 2017


We revised the differences between the Present Simple and Continuous

Present Simple
Present Continuous

I eat
She eats

I don’t eat
She doesn’t eat

Do you eat?
Does he eat?



Always
Sometimes
Every day
Usually


I am eating
He is eating

I am not eating
He is not eating

Are you eating?
Is he eating?
What is he eating?


At the moment
Now
Definite plans for the future (what are you doing at the weekend?)


Some expressions that came up during the class:
To get on
Eg. – how are you getting on? = how are you doing?
How are you getting on with your new job?

How are you getting on in your new house?




We then went on to the past tense.
Regular verbs add “ed”
I wash - I washed
I live – I lived (if the verb ends in “e” we just add “d”)
I study – I studied (if the verb ends in “consonant – y” then we change the “y” to “ied”)
I play – I played (if the verb ends in “vowel – y” then we just add “ed”)

For homework we have to complete the exercises on p.25 and p.26 on the irregular past tense forms. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LEVEL 4 GRAMMAR, APRIL 27, 2017

LEVEL 4 GRAMMAR, 10 MAY, 2018